

SHARON TOWN COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES Oct 13th, 2025, at 7:00 pm

CALL TO ORDER and INVOCATION: Nicole Perkins - Mayor, Herschel Browne Jr -Mayor Pro-Tem, Council Members: Margarette Parrish, Jay Gorley, Dawn Helms – Town Administrator, Oliver Dowdle - Fire Chief, George Ward - Asst Fire Chief, Scott Stone - Maintenance

1. **Mayor:** Nicole Perkins presiding
2. **Moment of silence/prayer:** Nicole Perkins
3. **Pledge of Allegiance**

PERSONS WISHING TO SPEAK: Don Kropp – Want to call to our attention that our lawncare person (Sam Pike) wants to present the town with at 2-year contract, he is supposed to be here tonight. But I wanted to tell you that you cannot vote on it, you cannot accept it because he is currently under a contract and will have to wait until next spring when the contract is up and it goes out for bid again. He tried some shady stuff with me, and I just wanted to let you know.

MINUTES: Minutes of Sep 8th, 2025, Regular Council Meeting recorded.

OLD BUSINESS:

1. **Town Funding - Local, State, and Federal and Grant Opportunities-ARPA - EOY 2026**

Nicole: There is a balance of \$3200.00 in the ARPA money, can be used for landscaping, and cutting down of trees.

2. **State Grants - Dennis Moss - Town Upgrades -Dennis Moss state grants 02/15/2023.**

Grant Work to be completed applied and approved-

- a) **New Well - \$66K** Open. Location search in process
- b) **Burri Building HVAC & upgrades \$71k**-Open updated quotes in process.
- c) **Sharon VFD New Bathrooms-** Requested updated plumbing quotes installation. Open.

Nicole: State grants with Dennis Moss, we still have two items that we've not really done any work on. One is the commercial well, we want to get a new well in town to take some of the stress off our other wells. The other item is the Burri building, the HVAC needs to be replaced. We've used a little bit of money to pay for some of the repairs that's needed to be done for the AC because the AC is currently down. But we're waiting for quotes from the vendors, so we can determine which vendor we're going to use to do the work.

Brownie: Is there any movement on the studies for someone to map our water lines?

Nicole: That was Faulkner guy in Hickory Grove, he's not got back to us about that. I'll follow up with him. Basically, it's us just trying to figure out where there is somewhere that's deep enough to do it.

Item c - The bathrooms are not for the volunteer fire department. They are for the park. We had plumbing quotes for that, but since it's been so long, we have reached out to the 3 vendors that provided quotes. Two of the quotes are unchanged – Helms is the same and Mike Smith is the same, but he is going out for orthopedic surgery soon. JR Smith has not returned our call. So hopefully we can vote on this at the next meeting.

If anyone has a plumber that they know or can recommend, please let us know.

S. Bankhead: Tim Woods has his own plumbing company; he lives in Smyrna.

3. Town Maintenance - Remind residents and neighbors not to blow grass on sidewalks or roadways. Be considerate of others

Nicole: Town maintenance just wants to remind people to take care of your sidewalks and be considerate of others and don't put stuff out on your sidewalks it causes tripping hazards.

a. Town sidewalks-repairs needed. Starting on Woodlawn. Quotes.

Nicole: We have reached out to 3 different vendors; we got 2 quotes and the third never sent them in.

Scott: There is a big difference in the quotes we received.

Nicole: We need 3 quotes so if anyone knows someone that repairs sidewalks let us know. We already have Marion Jones, and Chris Boulware. There was one other large company that came and looked at the issue, but we do not have their quote.

Scott: One of the vendors wanted to repair what is there, the other wanted to take it all up and replace it.

Nicole: We have had difficulty getting quotes or having people respond to us. That's our situation why sometimes we don't have enough quotes and that just means it takes longer for us to get work done.

Pump Station Maintenance- McCall Brothers

- b. Water Tank Maint. Southern Corrosion. Inspection collection completed. Washout Verify schedule with Matthew.**

Nicole: Southern Corrosion, they've already completed their inspection on the water tank. We're checking with Matthew to see when he's scheduling the washout.

Brownie: Do they have to shut down the whole system to the maintenance on the water tank? Will our water be down?

Nicole: I don't think so, we can ask.

- c. Fire Dept Overflow-Jamie work completed. Ken reimbursed town fee & rock.**

Nicole: The fire department water overflow, Jamie completed that work. We reimbursed the town for that work because Kenny did that work and he was going to come out and help Jamie to put in that pit, but he just couldn't do it with his job. So, we reimbursed the town for the money that Jamie charged us to work on that line because we couldn't help with it. And then we also reimbursed for the rock that Joey bought. So, we gave the town back \$5,000 and rock fees because we originally did that work on that. So just to help everybody out.

Jay: Was it a total of \$5,000?

Nicole: Joey got his cash money and then yes, the bill was \$5,000 and we reimbursed the town for \$5,000.

- 4. PMC/Tenet EMT Rental-** Local leadership and Corp approved. New flooring installed. Room Painted. Replacing broken ceiling tiles.

Nicole: PMC EMT rental, that was approved, the new rates and we've got the room painted, they requested new flooring to be installed, that's been replaced. And Scott's got the room painted and we've replaced the broken ceiling tiles. So, everything should be fine over there. Oliver, have you heard any issues over there? Complaints?

Oliver: We still have a couple of ceiling tiles that we still need to work on. I have a few that I found that are in the fire bay near the EMS door.

Dawn: I did want to tell you that we did receive a check in September from EMS, and it was only in the amount of \$1,353. We reached out to them to find out why it wasn't the

total \$1,400. And the response was that the new contract was effective 9/2, so had to do two check requests. One day at old rate and 29 days at new rate.

5. Comporium Grant-Wi-Fi Community Center. Wi-Fi Grant program will start in 2026. In the interim, Comporium will be installing a cable modem.

Nicole: We've been looking for this because we thought that this grant program was this year, but it's going to be in 2026. So, that means for the year 2026, we will get free internet down at the community center. But in the meantime, if we want anything down at the community center, we will have to draw up a current contract. I don't know how that's going to work. We've already tried Spectrum out there; it did not work. So, I don't know of any other local vendors besides Comporium.

Jay: I'd go with Comporium because when you call them, they'll answer the phone, and they'll come out at least. That's the experience I've had with them over the years. I can't remember what their quote was per month. I thought it was high, but I reached out to somebody else, and they told me, the person I was talking to said, "No, that's about right for a commercial setup." I forgot what it was, it shocked me when you said it.

Nicole: -- They told us it was \$400, that's not what they're going to charge us. That's what they're doing for their grant for is \$400. But even when we had Spectrum out there, it was like \$200.

Jay: But after that first year, didn't y'all say it was going to go up to that amount?

Dawn: It could.

Nicole: Yeah, that's what we asked. Would it go to that amount? I think it will be because that's what our worry was, but I think it's just because it's a grant. If we have an actual service with them would be less. We are reaching out to him to find out because now we really need to get the internet down there because we can't wait until 2026.

Jay: We need the internet down there so we can rent rooms out.

Nicole: They said they are involving engineers, but the program is supposed to start in 2026, but we can check and see if they can get it started a little bit sooner.

6. Ken and Lori York Barbershop New Business in Jerry Lee's building.

Nicole: Ken and Lori's Barbershop. They are in town and they're just trying to get their building ready to be able to start seeing customers. The business may be called Lenny's after Kens' dad.

Nicole: All right. So that's all the old business. Anybody got any questions or anything about old business?

NEW BUSINESS

1. Town Hall/Pop's attic-property line. Need repair/restructure retaining wall that protects Septic line for Town businesses. Verify property line/responsibility.

Nicole: We had an incident that came up with the lines for Town Hall and Pop's attic. The town built this back area where the dirt is for the septic lines. That hill is falling and the old wood cross tile retaining wall is deteriorating. So, we wanted to fix it because we thought that was the towns area because it's part of our septic lines. Randall got a little upset when we were started working on but everything is fine now but we need to find out where the boundary lines are to see whose responsibility that is as a town since that's really protecting our septic area over there and everybody else's septic access to the septic system we were just going to fix the retaining wall but if it's not our responsibility then but it needs to be fixed.

Dawn: Do we need to get a surveyor?

Brownie: No, we should just fix the retaining wall. He's not going to be mad at us if we fix it.

Scott: He is mad. Well, the bad thing about it is it's already washing away, and it's starting to make a rut. I told them that I was doing it. It got out of hand.

Jay: It was my understanding that the Blackwood's built that up not the town.

Nicole and Scott: The town did it.

Jay: Do you remember Nancy who did that?

Nancy Scronce: Joe Cox did it, the town did it.

Scott: There weren't that many people here in these buildings at the time. They went ahead and fixed the septic so when something happened, it would be done. Matter fact, I helped them do the wall. Joey Bolin and Joe Cox both did some work on it. You can see where the pipes are busted, laying over, water may be running into the septic tank probably.

Jay: Well, Scott's already started on it, so he's moved some of the cross ties. He's been doing some digging and everything. And from my understanding, there was no communication from Randal to his dad about the work that was going to be done. They did not feel like they were informed. Maybe the mayor needs to go speak with them. We may want to speak with Jack also and let him know there is some work about to be done. Any of the property owners it may affect should be informed.

Nicole: I will talk to Jack and Randall. I just haven't had a chance to get to it this week.

Brownie: Randall obviously needs to be okay with it, but it's a community septic system. All these buildings, except for Scott's building, need the septic system to work.

Jay: I think, Scott, you correct me if I'm wrong, you informed Randall, and Randall said, well, his comeback was, I'm not really the property owner, it's my son. And the word never got from Randall to Randy is what they're saying?

Jay: Well, the best I can figure out where Marguerite's stake is lacks about three feet of getting to maybe Randall's property. And you see that stake, so you assume it's a corner stake, but it is not. It's the best I can figure out and I'm not a surveyor.

Discussion continued regarding plat of town property and if a surveyor was needed.

2. **Alysen Woodruff from York County churches or residents interested in a Spring Litter Cleanup.** As a town, we normally have two or more a year. We would love more volunteers. Suggestions to increase volunteers. Office 803-628-3245 (Alysen)

Nicole: Allison Woodruff from York County reached out to us wanting to see if churches or residents were interested in doing a litter cleanup. We normally do one at least twice a year. We have planned one as a town this year, and we don't mind planning that. We would just like to have more volunteers because we usually end up being about five or six people. Hillcrest usually has a lot of people that come out and help us with the women's group. but the more people we have the better. We had 6 people and at least 18 bags of trash last time we did it. Every year we do a different area. Last year we went from town limits to Sutton Springs Rd. Now it would be a good time to do it, with the weather being nicer.

Dawn: Offer some sort of incentive to increase participation.

3. **ION Data Systems Demo on 09/02 (new/previous water vendor) GWorks expires**

Nicole: This was our previous water billing vendor that we are going back to. We had a contract with G-Works, it's not as streamlined as what we're used to, so we're in the process of going back to our previous vendor.

Brownie: They will transfer everything over, right?

Dawn: Yes, and G-Works wanted to charge us \$1,500 additional dollars for our files, and Ryan Davis is his name, I don't know if y'all knew the other guy, but he's willing to work with us to get our databases transferred over to what we currently have.

4. Events: Save the Date

A. Sharon Farmers and Artisan Market & Cars for Coffee Combined event- Plans to continue weekly until November. Will verify if vendors want to continue after November. Contact Dave Ladish at Sharon Grill. Produce and Craft Vendors needed.

Nicole: I went to the farmer's market this weekend. It was cold. Everybody was bundled up in their blankets, but they still had a good turnout. They plan to continue weekly until November, until the end of November. And then at the end of November, they're going to see if they want to continue through the rest of the year because we also start our Christmas thing. So, it'd be nice for them to still be out doing things and it kind of would get them more, maybe get them some more advertising. when we have our Christmas event the second week in December.

We do need to start having committees for these events because it's a lot of work to get these events planned even though we do just two events, it's a lot of work. I mean, the fire department is great, and they help, but we need to get more people involved in planning these events because it takes a lot of time.

B. Senior Luncheon Sharon Methodist -Fri-Oct 17th at 11am -12:30 pm-free meal and entertainment.

C. Community Center and Park Rentals have increased

Nicole: Everybody is really renting out the park shelters right now. We've had every weekend, we've had two people at least at each shelter, and then usually they're back-to-back, so there's at least four rentals. It is that time of year again the community center gets rented by families for their holiday and church events.

Dawn: Several months ago, it was voted upon to start charging a deposit for rental of the shelters and people have not balked at that at all. We have developed a system, so

after the rental we consult with Scott to make sure that it was left tidy, and we return their \$25 deposit.

Nicole: We did that because there were a lot of people leaving trash and just balloons and confetti, glitter and stuff. So now we tell them they cannot leave any kind of debris like that, and they're supposed to take out their own trash. and they weren't doing that wither until we started the deposit requirement.

D. Keep Sharon Beautiful (KSB!) Yard of the month Danny Davis 3913 Woodlawn St

Nicole: The yard of month is Danny Davis at 3913 Woodlawn Street.

Dawn: We are done with Yard of the Month for the year and will resume in the Spring.

Dawn: We usually do Spring to Fall, we have encouraged the town to make recommendations, and we've only had that happen one time. We will put in the newsletter reminding people they can make recommendations. We rode around town and looked at people's yards and flowers and sidewalks.

Nicole: We do several different communications. We have a town newsletter that we mail out to people, and then we have the town website that we put that newsletter on. But we do a monthly newsletter to just share information. We recently started putting a few copies at Sharon Grill so while people are waiting, they can read it and we take a few extra copies to Broad River Wellness.

E. Halloween is Friday, October 31st-Big night in Sharon! All local businesses and residents love to participate.

Nicole: All the local businesses and residents usually participate very well. It is on Friday, so it is going to be a lot bigger turnout.

Oliver: Just food for thought there. I don't know if they can do it or not, but it's always good to try to have a sheriff to ride around a little bit that night. If you can kind of hint to them to see if they would be kind enough to ride through a few times because, you know, some people are going to be stupid.

Dawn: Town hall will be open I encourage your involvement if you're not at your own home doing your own thing. Costumes are optional.

F. Early Voting at Early Voting Centers. Monday, Oct 20-Friday Oct 31.

Nicole: Early voting starts next week, which is Monday, October 20th all the way to Friday, October 31st. So, if you have a chance and you want to get your voting done, go ahead out and go vote.

G. Election Day: Tuesday Nov 4, 2025

Nicole: Election day will be Tuesday, November the 4th. So, if you haven't pre-voted to make sure you go on that day.

H. Christmas in Olde Sharon, December 13th (2nd Saturday)

Nicole: Christmas in Olde Sharon will be December the 13th which is the second Saturday of the month. We will send out a save the date reminder.

5. Christmas Decorations-Ordered. Made in USA. Delivery early Nov.

A. Contract with Duke-status-finalize plan.

Nicole: Christmas decorations have been ordered. We have a limited budget so we can only replace a certain amount so we're going to mainly do the new ones through this main part of town and then depending on how all the hooks and things are, we will decide if we're going to put up the old wreaths or not. We were kind of thinking we were going to see how things look if they're going to look bare

Oliver: I think part of the question was going to be what kind of shapes the ones that we currently have are in. The new lights will go from the Hill Building to Rainey Av if I'm not mistaken. Those are the metered poles.

Dawn: And then lastly, I need to reach out to Duke Power if we're going to make an adjustment, because otherwise we're going to be billed for all the decorations instead of the few that we're going to put up.

Nicole: What do you want to do? It is hours and days going through each wreath and lantern, checking bulbs, straightening them out, it is a lot of work.

Brownie: If I remember correctly, we talked about doing the metered part only, from the Hill Building to the Local Market.

Doris Thomas: How much is it for each pole?

Nicole: Do you mean the new lights? Oh, Christmas lights are any, the cheapest ones start around \$500 a piece. We had a limited budget of like \$4,000. I think we got as many as we could, and they were on sale. We must pay for shipping and all that too. So, we were just trying to stay under the budget. We want to include in our budget for the next year and get more lights. But they are LED lights. If you've ever been through Hickory Grove or Earl, Smyrna, those are the kind of lights. They're lightweight and they're just the outline of a decoration it's not those big heavy wreaths. Those wreaths are heavy, heavy metal and they're hard and time consuming to get up to speed with a new light. And the new lights, the lights on there, they do not sell those anymore. So, we would have to restring them with totally different lights because they don't sell those bulbs anymore. And the metal framing for those wreaths is heavy. We must hire a company to come out and help put those up. And our new decorations are made in the USA. But little by little, we're going to change those out.

REPORTS/COMMITTEES: 2025 Think of area below you would be best to serve. Council to discuss any issues concerning the following: Which area? List of responsibilities.

1. **Ballfield:** Fall ball ends the month. Tournaments in process. Condition field, new poles and light Installation, Electrical wiring from lights.

Nicole: The fields look good. We've got a little bit more to do with the finishing up the lights, but other than that, those have been done. We used to get a certain amount of money from the county for our parks. Well, they've changed that process and now we don't just automatically receive two installments for our town to do as we want to for our parks. What we've done in the past is get \$15,000; we use it however we want to. Now, they're going to be changing it to a capital fund. So, and it's going to be \$25,000 that we may get, but it can only be used for capital purchases. It's can't be used to help cut the grass, it can't be used for anything besides us buying new equipment or fixing like we need to fix a roof that's called capital funding so that kind of thing but we have to show what we want that money to be used for and we have to use it for strictly those things.

Scott: We might have one more game this week then we are done. Just want to bring it up to y'all that we were talking earlier about, we have a lot of other teams that use our fields and that is good that they do because it helps keep the grass down from growing inside the fields. I've come up with the idea that I was going to run through with y'all. We have teams that have been using our fields for some time for practice. We need to come up with some kind of deal to help us with our light bill costs. So basically, the electric bill used to be appx. \$500 two years ago and now it's \$200 a month. So that's the big difference between the new lights and the old lights. Also, they're willing to give

us \$25 on the lights that they use while they're using the field. We can put that money towards paying the light bill or for other things. I think that's fair.

Brownie: Per game?

Scott: Per practice. A lot of them only practice like two nights a week. I already got people wanting to donate this week for the use of the lights. I think we should just go ahead and take that for the time being, and then if we come up with something better. These teams are travel teams, so they get sponsor money.

Nicole: We would need to come up with a system like we do with the parks, and they can fill out a form. We will have to make a schedule, so they don't overlap.

Brownie: Are these teams that are using our field, are they all from York County?

Scott: Yes. There is an 8U team, and a 14U team, and you have a 16U team. So that's kids, basically. But November the 10th is the last of the tournaments. I am bringing it up also because I would like to fix the dugouts and do some other work out there.

Nicole: And that's what capital funds can be used for.

Dawn: We need to get clarification on the capital funds and how they want us to prioritize that, what their criteria are for their approval. Do we have to submit multiple quotes?

Nicole: We don't want to spend the money and then not get reimbursed. I think they're still trying to work all that out. Because they just implemented this.

Jay: Did we ever get the lights straightened out?

Scott: We have the new lights. Four individual lights must be replaced, the new fixtures. didn't work when we got them, so they must be replaced. It could be a wiring issue, they said, and it could be a bulb issue. Al is still working on that; he has called Williams Electric to check in with them.

Dawn: Do we need a quote from Williams Electric to be approved before those four new lights get replaced? I don't imagine that what we've paid in the past includes putting in additional lights.

Scott: Well, it's supposed to be, I think what that man told us is if anything's wrong with the light, then we'll be charged for it. But if there's nothing wrong with the lights, you know if it was a wiring issue then it would be on Williams. They'll change it for free.

2. **Community Center and Annex:** Cleanup Annex- recycled metal. Advertise Key Shop & Ken's Warehouse Collection, Local Shops & vendor sales in newsletter.

Dawn: Has all the metal been removed from the building?

Brownie: Yeah, they got those, the old light fixtures. Are we going to recycle the things for the soccer field?

Nicole: He got the last of the light fixtures last week, so he should be done.

Scott: I have a guy that's going to come and look at those.

Nicole: To see about putting new nets on them or something? Or buy them?

Scott: He may want to buy them. He works for the town of Belmont, and they have festivals and could use them on the streets.

Brownie: Okay, so they could cordon off some areas of streets and things.

Jay: Maybe we need to save them for ourselves?

Scott: They are not going to ruin back there, except for the plastic, eventually it'll wither away.

Brownie: Well, it'd be for those tenants who may rent at the community center and use the back entry behind there we need to clean all that out back there and you put those somewhere else you know down the hill or somewhere.

Nicole: What would we use them for?

Jay: Block traffic or designated areas, whatever.

Scott: There are about 55 of them.

Nicole: Would we have to have the netting fixed on them? We may find a use for them.

3. Fire Department: (Oliver Dowdle)-update.

Oliver: Just a reminder that to help the Boy Scout troop, we are doing a fish fry this weekend at the fire department, this Saturday from four to seven. I will send some flyers out through the mail too. Just trying to help them out a little bit because they certainly need some help. And the other thing just to make y'all aware of, we're trying to get some pricing, for the heating and air unit that's upstairs. Heating and air unit for upstairs is not big enough. It's never been big enough to begin with. We're getting a price for a second unit. We're going to take care of it. It is hard to get people to commit to giving you a price. We want to add an additional unit, so just so you know. It works fine if it is not hot or cold. It's just not a big enough unit, it's a mini split now and it's just not big enough so we are going to put another mini split in.

4. Rental Buildings: (Herschel Brown) Owl's Nest has moved out. Thrifted Thread is staying.

Nicole: Rental buildings, Owls Nest, she decided that she did not need a third location, so she left the building. Kim with Thrifted Thread is staying. She's going to try to make it on her own. She's trying to get more vendors to come in with her and she sells other vendors' products and stuff. She's hoping to be able to do it on her own. While she's getting on her feet, we're just going to leave her rent at \$300.

Brownie: How long does that go to?

Nicole: That hasn't been determined. We were going to probably give her at least two months to see how she's doing and then regroup and think about it and see. She's hoping with the power bill and the internet and all that, that she'll be able to do everything on her own. But you know, we don't want to, we want to give her time to get on her feet by herself.

Oliver: Can I mention something? Who was responsible for the dumpsters back there behind it the Owls Nest? It is overflowing.

Nicole: She said she had already had it scheduled.

5. Parks: (Jay Gourley) Request for additional swings.

Nicole: Anyone have anything for parks?

Scott: Just about got everything cleaned out of the Scout Hut.

Nicole: People like to rent that out.

6. Streets: (Margarette Parrish):

Margarette: Streets are beautiful.

Nicole: We did have an altercation today regarding streets. Sam cut the trees, the crepe myrtles back on Woodlawn Street. The resident was a little upset, but we've had people complaining. In front of Eileen's house, she's got the crepe myrtles in the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street. People have been complaining that their cars, when they came through there, that those limbs were kind of touching their cars.

Brownie: That is not Woodlawn St.

Nicole: I'm sorry York St. They put those trees there because they've been having so many issues with cars coming around that corner and running through their yard and they did it for a safety feature. I understand that, but they probably just should have done it on the other side of the street, not in the grassy area between the sidewalk and the curb. So, Sam, he just pruned a little bit of the limbs because they were scraping people's cars. The owner got a little upset, so there was a little altercation, but everything's fine now.

Brownie: I don't think it's legal for somebody to plant trees between the sidewalk. It's not their right of way.

Scott: That's the state or county.

Nicole: On Shannon Street, the county is coming in, the state's coming in, and they're going to repave those roads. We have an issue, we marked the lines, but going down the hill towards Miss Joyce's and down the bottom of Shannon Street, those lines have not been buried but maybe three to four inches. They hit the water lines today. They're going to work with us. Matt marked them and everything, but nobody knew that they were that low, they should be 30 inches or more. So they're wanting us to come out there and we have needed to do this, but now we need to get over there and figure out, get a quote, how much it's going to cost for us to put those lines deeper into the ground because currently on Shannon Street, they're only like three to six inches and according to the state, it should be 30 inches in the ground. But they did get the water cut off. We don't have to do boil water notices. The two residents at the bottom of the hill were without water but Jamie came over and fixed it so everybody has water now, but they may hit those lines again because Shannon Street is old lines and they're not buried deep into the ground.

Brownie: That's the lines from the Methodist Church on further on down to the hill to the town limits?

Nicole: We as a town, we will need to address this. The lady gave me some contact information. Margarette is currently working on a grant for that, but that is something that the lady gave me some contact information, so I'll give that to you.

Brownie: Well, the line needs to be replaced really all the way from the corner to the all the way to the end.

Nicole: Her grant's working for everything. What we were talking about, they were just the smaller ones towards the end. But yeah, the whole street needs to be redone on Shannon Street. So, we have grants, and we have a new contact to help us get some other grants to work on that over there on Shannon Street.

7. **Scout Hut, Concession Stand** (see Parks):
8. **Sidewalks:** Keep Sharon Beautiful KSB. Update on concrete quotes.
9. **Town Hall:** Safety Ideas due to recent accident. Revamp Office for safety. Move desk and equipment away from front windows. Quotes? Update-paint inside walls, storm door.

Dawn: Dave gave me a contact for the person that did some work for him. I called that person and he wasn't licensed, so he gave me another person's name. The gentleman came out, he was really, nice, out of Gastonia. But when we told him the amount that we had to spend, I thought he was going to choke. We have not heard back from him. And then we had Tyler from next door come by and then he had his fellow come over and do some measurements, but we had not heard back from him either.

Nicole: And that's just trying to make that area safer.

Dawn: Well, he was looking around and, you know, just maybe going to give us some ideas about what things would cost if we replaced the panel with sheetrock. We talked about closing that one wall going into the office so that we could get that desk from in front of that window. We talked about maybe even opening it up and making the middle office and the front office into one office and maybe put up a partition.

10. **Water:** (Matt Glenn) Update status of water system-State Shannon St-line hit. Cost to move and repair quote from Jamie. Contacted State contacts for repair reimbursement.

Nicole: All right. Last one was water. I talked to Matt today. He didn't say that we had any issues besides the issue that we have on Shannon Street. Does anyone else have anything they want to bring up?

Jay: I wanted to thank Margarette for working on those grants because I know that's kind of a pain.

Margarette: Very tedious. If anybody wants to help, I'm welcome looking for help. It's due in March, and I've got some time.

Dawn: We received a package from FEMA. It's our community's preliminary copies of the flood insurance rate map and the flood insurance study. We have brochures, I believe, if anybody's interested in that type of thing, and we'll make those available on the counter, and we will advertise in the newsletter.

Nicole: Anything else?

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

1. **Citizen Concerns/FYI:** Anyone from the Mayor, Council, Staff or Public can bring an issue to the Council that was not on the agenda. Please limit your comment to 5 minutes or less.

DOCUMENTS AND REPORTS:

1. **Meeting Minutes:** Recorded

SCHEDULE FOR UPCOMING MEETINGS:

1. **Next Council Meeting:** Regular Town Council Meeting Monday Nov 10th, 2025, at 7:00 pm

ADJOURN: **Adjourn:** Council to vote on adjournment

Motion: Margarette Parrish Second: Jay Gourley

Time: 8:10pm